Apply to your program as soon as possible
- MacEwan University has application deadlines. Make sure you submit your application before these dates.
- Read what we send you and follow through with what we ask you to do.
- Track your application through your MyMacEwan account.
- Check your MyMail account frequently.
Find a place to live
If you need housing, look into it early on.
- Consider living on campus in the MacEwan University Residence.
- If residence isn’t for you, look for a place off campus.
Plan your finances
What are your costs?
- Tuition, fees and books
- Living expenses
How will you pay?
- Investigate funding options.
- Find out application deadlines and requirements ahead of time – don’t wait until the day before your funding application is due to start the process.
- If applying for student loans, apply in June, even if you are not yet accepted to your program.
- Make a budget.
- Find out when tuition is due.
Arrange for child care if necessary
- Apply for a child care subsidy.
Familiarize yourself with MacEwan University
Check in with a Student Advisor in the Advising Office.