Advisors collaborate with and empower learners to make responsible and informed decisions about their educational plans and professional/life goals that are consistent with their values, interests and abilities.
You can expect your Financial Aid and Admissions Advisor to
- educate you about post-secondary and MacEwan-specific processes, procedures, policies and culture
- keep up-to-date with and effectively communicate current admission and financial aid information
- provide a supportive environment and listen carefully to your thoughts, questions and concerns
- have knowledge of the career planning process
- ask relevant questions related to your goals
- assist you in the decision-making process and present options
- provide resources and referrals when necessary
- respect you as an individual and maintain confidentiality
- maintain a positive attitude and encourage you to pursue your goals
- use ethical and unbiased advising practices.
Note: Admissions Advisors cannot evaluate international documents. To have international documents evaluated, you must apply to a program and submit all of your official documents.