Spring / Summer Programming Guide Available for Download
The 2013 Spring/ Summer Programming Guide with our value-added and registered programs starting in May is available and registration is open now.
MacEwan Sport and Wellness
At MacEwan Sport and Wellness, we pride ourselves on inspiring and enabling you to achieve your health and lifestyle goals.
We work passionately to support the life aspirations of our clients. Our diverse and targeted programs and services anticipate and respond to our client's needs while promoting personal growth and active, balanced lifestyles.
MacEwan Sport and Wellness, located in the Christenson Family Centre for Sport and Wellness at City Centre Campus, hosts a newly expanded 7,000 square foot fitness area, a 25-metre pool, a 40-person hot tub, a beautiful three-court gymnasium, steam rooms and squash courts.
MacEwan Sport and Wellness offers a wide variety of programs and services for students, staff and public, including:
- Fitness Centre (7,000 sq. ft with new strength and cardio equipment)
- Pool (6-lane, 25m, teaching pool, 40-person hot tub)
- Aquatics Programming (value-added programming, registered programs, lessons and certifications)
- MacEwan Recreation (intramural leagues, tournaments and events)
- Fitness Programs and Training Services (public memberships, paid group fitness programming, drop-in classes, personal training)
- Gymnasium (available for public rentals or member use during open gym time)
- Squash Courts (three courts, 7-day advance booking for members)
- Corporate Wellness Memberships and Programming (retreats, workshops and incentives)
- Athletics (home to the MacEwan Griffins)
MacEwan Medical Clinic (open to students, staff and public)
Students at South Campus and Centre for the Arts and Communications Campus have access to the facilities on their campus and City Centre. For access information, contact the Students' Association office at your campus or call MacEwan Sport and Wellness at 780-497-5300.
In 1991, construction began that would transform the former Canadian National rail yards into MacEwan's City Centre Campus. Two short years later, in May 1993, MacEwan Sport and Wellness became one of the first buildings on the new downtown campus to open its doors to students and the public.
In September 2009, thanks to a generous donation from the Christenson family, our building was renamed the Christenson Family Centre for Sport and Wellness.Here at MacEwan Sport and Wellness, we strive to provide quality health and wellness programs and services to students, staff and the public. We are proud to be a part of MacEwan's growth and tradition.