Freezing Your Membership
- Within a consecutive 12 month period, you may freeze your membership up to two times for a minimum of 30 days and a maximum of 6 months. No freezes will be granted for time periods that have passed without proper advance notice.
- Memberships must be frozen in monthly increments (ie: May 22 to July 21, not May 22 to July 3).
- A freeze fee ($25 / freeze) is charged for each freeze. The freeze fee is non-refundable and must be paid when you arrange your freeze. You may not return early from a freeze.
- Your membership can be put on hold for medical reasons for a minimum of one month.
- A statement from your physician is required. We must receive written documentation of the hold within 30 days of the start of the freeze.
Canceling Your Membership
- Those who wish to cancel their membership can do so by coming in person and completing a Cancellation Form or by sending an email. Phone cancellations will not be accepted. If sending an e-mail, please include the following information: Full Name, Address, Birthdate or Membership # (found on the bottom of the membership card) and the reason why you are canceling.
- We ask that you hand in your membership card on your last visit to the Centre.
- The re-enrollment fee will be charged if you decide to rejoin more than 30 days after your membership has been canceled.
- If you are moving, please provide a forwarding address so if there is a refund being issued by cheque then it gets sent to the proper address. Allow four to six weeks for cheques to be processed.
- All withdrawn/canceled memberships are refunded a pro-rated amount of the payment from the date of cancellation, not the date of your last visit. Rate will not be prorated without proper advanced notice.
- You need your membership card to enter the Centre.
- Please report stolen cards to the Access Desk.
- Replacement cards are $10 (includes GST).
- Memberships are not transferable.
- If you fail to pay your membership dues or your credit card expires, MacEwan Sport and Wellness will cancel your membership.
- Re-enrollment fees apply if you pay the balance owing, including applicable NSF fees, and re-sign for a membership after the 30 day grace period following the cancellation of your membership.
- A service charge will be assessed for a returned cheque or pre-authorized membership payment due to insufficient funds, closed account, unavailable credit line or similar circumstances.
- Please contact us if your banking or credit card information changes, including new credit card expiry date or any activity that freezes your card.
- In order to help us contact you regarding any membership information, please ensure we have your correct address, phone number and email address on file.