Wait list and tours
To place your child’s name on the waiting list, you must attend a tour of the centre. The tours are held about once every two months. This is an opportunity for families to see the centre and find out about our philosophy. This can help families decide if they want to be on the waiting list.
There is a $50.00 fee to place your child on the waiting list. Please bring exact change or a cheque for the deposit.
Once a year families on the waiting list are contacted by email to confirm that they would like to stay on the waiting list. You must confirm that you would like to stay on the list. Priority is given to the university community as well as to parents who currently have a child in the centre.
Acceptance of a child care space
- When a space becomes available, the centre director will contact a family whose need for care matches the space available.
- The family has 48 hours to return the call and another 48 hours to accept the space and finalize the paperwork.
- If a family does not take the space, they are moved to the bottom of the waiting list.
- A family will not be called for a space until their child is age eligible for the centre (19 months).
- We encourage families to let us know if they are going to be away on vacation so that we have a contact number if a space becomes available.
- It is the responsibility of the families to let us know when contact information changes.
- The centre follows the guidelines from two Alberta Health Services publications for child care centres. “Healthy Children in Preschool Settings” and “Environmental Health Guidelines.”
- Children must be picked up, or stay home, if they are too sick to participate in the program, or if they have a communicable disease. Children must be picked up if they have severe diarrhea, fever or are vomiting.
- It is important to have alternate care arrangements for children, as it is not unusual for young children to get sick.
- We report all communicable diseases to Health Link Alberta.
- All of our toys, equipment, bedding and towels are cleaned according to the guidelines from Alberta Health Services.